Maryland Medicare Resources
Are you a resident of the state of Maryland looking for information about Medicare? Take a look below for some free resources that may help!
Maryland Insurance Administration
200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent state agency that regulates insurance providers within the state. MIA regularly conducts audits and assessments of providers to ensure they are following regulations and publishes public updates whenever violations of insurance laws are present.
- Maryland Resident Medicare Resources Access MIA resources related to Medicare, including federal resources relevant to Maryland residents.
- Resources for Maryland Senior Citizens List of resources for seniors in Maryland who are or are looking to enroll in Medicare, with information from local and federal sources.
- MIA Calendar of Events Find out about upcoming public events MIA is hosting.
Maryland Department of Health
201 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-2399
The Maryland Department of Health (MDH) consists of the department and 23 other local health departments. MDH consists of:
- Four major divisions—Public Health Services, Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Health Care Financing
- 20 boards that license and regulate health care professionals
- Numerous commissions that “issue grants, and research and make recommendations on issues that affect Maryland’s health care delivery system.”
- Medical Care and Support Services Information relating to Medicare and general medical needs, along with an interactive map for Maryland residents looking for their local health department.
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Information Learn if you are eligible for the QMB, a program that helps seniors on Medicare with very low incomes and assets.
Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program
628 Hebron Avenue, Suite 502
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Established in 2005 by the Maryland General Assembly, the Maryland SPDADP provides assistance to eligible seniors looking for assistance in paying for prescription drugs.
- Prescription Plan Options – Access the current year’s prescription plan options
- SPDAP FAQ Are you enrolled in Medicare in Maryland and have questions about drug prescriptions? Read the frequently asked questions and answers from SPDAP.
- SPDAP Forms Download the current year’s applications for Medicare drug plan options in Maryland.
- Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program Enrollment Application
Maryland Health Care Commission Consumer Guide to Long Term Care
4160 Patterson Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21215
The Consumer Guide to Long Term Care provided by the Maryland Health Care Commission provides a number of resources to Maryland senior residents.
- Main Medicare Resource from the Consumer Guide to Long Term Care
- Maryland Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP)* – A state resource for Maryland residents looking for in-person or telephone assistance with Medicare health insurance benefits.
- Maryland Access Point – Aging and Disability Resource Program in Maryland designed to assist individuals with long-term care needs and their caregivers identify and locate services in their community.
*Maryland’s SHIP program is NOT an insurance program, but a resource to learn more about Medicare insurance.
Medicare Benefits and Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
Office of Personnel Management
Retirement Operations Center
P.O. Box 45
Boyers, PA 16017-0045
Phone: 1-88USOPMRET (1-888-767-6738) or 202-606-0500
Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) is available to federal employees, and if you qualify, you may have questions about your healthcare as it pertains to Medicare. Learn more from the below resources!
Office of Personnel Management (OPM)’s Introduction of Coordination of Care between FEHB and Medicare (link – https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/medicare/medicare-vs-fehb-enrollment/)
Resources available in the FEHB and Medicare Resource above:
- FEHB and Medicare Booklet
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program and Medicare FastFacts