Florida Medicare Resources
Are you a Florida resident looking for information about Medicare? These free resources may help!
Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
Florida Department of Financial Services
Division of Consumer Services
200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-4288
(877) MY-FL-CFO ((877) 693-5236)
Out-of-State Callers: (850) 413-3089
TDD Line: (800) 640-0886
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FLOIR) regulates all insurance providers within the state of Florida.
- Medicare Supplement Regulation and Rules Information on Medigap, or Medicare supplemental insurance policies, which pay for expenses not covered by Medicare.
Florida SHINE Program
Florida Office of Elder Affairs
4040 Esplanade Way
Suite 270 Tallahassee, FL 32399-7000
Toll Free 1-800-96-ELDER (800-963-5337)
Florida Department of Elder Affairs offers SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders), which is a free program that can help you with all health insurance questions, including Medicare and Medicaid. Volunteers are trained to provide confidential, unbiased, one-on-one counseling, and services are of no cost to you.
- Basics of Medicare Graph This graph helps you to choose between original Medicare or Medicare Advantage.
- Medicare Acronym List This comprehensive tool helps you to figure out the alphabet soup of Medicare-related terms.
- Enrolling in Medicare Part A and Part B This helpful e-brochure takes you through the steps of enrolling in Medicare.
- Financial Assistance Programs Scroll down to find a list of financial resources to help if you are in need of monetary assistance.
Got questions about Medicare in Florida?
We’re happy to help!
Steinlage Insurance Agency is here to provide no-obligation information about Medicare and Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) policies.