Illinois Medigap Resources
Are you an Illinois resident in need of information to find out about Medicare coverage or eligibility? The resources below may help.
Illinois Senior Health Insurance Program Website
SHIP is run by the Illinois Department of Aging, and it offers free counseling for any Illinois resident covered by Medicare, as well as to their caregivers.
- Find a SHIP Counselor – SHIP is located in each Illinois county. Find the office nearest to you here.
- Find a Provider – The Illinois Department on Aging and the Elderly maintains this caregiver list and resource.
- Prescription Drug Assistance – How to qualify for prescription drug assistance in Illinois.
- Medicare Webinars – SHIP offers a variety of webinars to help you learn the ins and outs of Medicare coverage.
- Prescription Drug Guide – This online brochure includes helpful information about Illinois Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Illinois Department of Human Services
Find an IDHS Location Near You
Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) administers Illinois Medicaid and can answer questions regarding eligibility or benefits. Use the locator (above) or call to find an office near you.
- Change of Address – Visit this page in the event you change addresses within the state of Illinois.
- Illinois Medicare Savings Program Income and Asset Limits – Use this guide to determine if you may qualify for the state’s Medicare Savings Program.
- Guide for Completing the ABE application – In order to qualify for the Medicare Savings Program, Illinois requires that residents fill out an Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE). This guide contains a screening tool and will also help you fill it out accurately.
Illinois Department of Insurance
Consumer Services Section
122 S. Michigan Ave., 19th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
320 W. Washington
Springfield, IL 62767
Illinois Department of Insurance regulates the insurance industry in Illinois, including the handling of health insurance-related complaints.
Illinois Rx Buying Club
Illinois Rx Buying Club Website
P.O. Box 94858
Chicago, IL 60690-4440
If you are an Illinois resident and your total household income is less than or equal to 300% of the federal poverty level, you can save 20% (on average) on your prescription drugs. See site for details.
Medicare Benefits and Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
Office of Personnel Management
Retirement Operations Center
P.O. Box 45
Boyers, PA 16017-0045
Toll-Free: 1-88USOPMRET (1-888-767-6738)
This resource is for federal employees who receive Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). Qualifying current and retired employees can refer Medicare-related questions to the FEHB office.
- Medicare and FEHB and Medicare Brochure
- Medicare and FEHB FAQs